Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a Week!

Okay so it has been a loooong week!
Daniel, has had many ups and downs this week, more downs than ups. But, I am excited for any ups he has.
Daniel started off with him not sleeping at all on Wednesday, and Thursday nights. And half way through Thursday night, he spiked a fever. Silly me I ran out of Tylenol, but thankfully my nephew, Kyle, was staying with me. So I left him with Daniel while I ran to 24hr pharmacy... Got my Tylenol and back at home just in time for Daniel to wake up again... Got the Tylenol in him and we continued to be up all night. I attempted to go to work on Friday, but was called and asked to pick him up with another temp now 101. So called the doctor, and was instructed to alternate between Motrin and Tylenol. So once again off to the pharmacy, during this trip Daniel pucked in the middle of the store. I was about in tears. I just wanted to check out and leave, but people kept trying to clean him. So, I just kept asking to cut in line so I could leave, I am use to the puking, but typically it happens at home or in private with people that know his history.
So as time goes on, I find his temp is continuing to spike to 102. So I proceed after speaking to Robert, that I should go ahead and take him to an urgent care clinic. It was a short wait, and the staff was awesome. I went in, and though Daniel was not happy about the exam, we finally got a look in his ears, and they looked in flamed and his throat looked red. So he gave us an rx for Amoxicillin. So back off to the pharmacy, so glad I could do drive thru this time. While dropping it off they informed me that they were short handed so it wouldn't be ready til 930. It was 7pm by this time... So I took daniel home and bathed, fed and put to sleep. To his luck he woke up again at 9:30 so off to the pharmacy, again.... But, at least he got his first dose as soon as he could.
And in the midst of all this... I had contacted a dealer about a possible new car, and to much of my suprise I was driving off the lot with the new car. So, I am the proud owner of a Ford Edge. I gave my Fusion, back to my dad since he was in much need of a newer vehicle.
Friday night, Daniel still refused to sleep more than 2 hrs at a time, if I was lucky.
So Saturday he seemed better, though his temp continued to elevate periodically. But as the day progressed and he got some naps, he seemed to be doing much better. Though that night he still didn't want to sleep all night. He was up quite a bit.
Sunday, the report was better, his temp only went up one time. So I am pleased to inform that he is getting better everyday, though we agree that his ears may be a constant battle. So we will watch and keep an eye close to it.
The ups: Through all this Daniel hadn't thrown up in 3 days prior to surgery, and even being sick he has only thrown up once! So in 6 days he only vomited one time! Those are better odds than we had in a while!
Okay, well here is to hoping Daniel will sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment