Saturday, April 3, 2010

Missing You...

Today, is 2 years since I lost my bestfriend, and my mommy.
To say I miss her, is to not be able to put into words what I would give to have her back.
To say I think of her daily would be a misconception, because...
I think of her everytime I look at my son.
I think of her everytime I hear a song she mentioned, espicially Little Texas, or her wanna be man Randy Travis.
I think of her everytime I get a front row parking spot - cause she would say it was meant to be. I think of her everytime I want her macaroni salad that she never game me the reciepe to, or when I see meatballs and remember when she taught me how to make her "Jewish" meatballs. I think of her at Easter and when she let my whole elementary grade come to hunt eggs at our house.
I think of her when I look in my closet and see everything she bought me.
I think of her when I dream, when I dream we are talking and she has come back to cheer me up, or put me in my place.
I think of her when Daniel is crying, knowing she would have been there in an instant.
I think of her when I go to work, knowing she would be overjoyed with happiness that I made it so far.
I think of her when my dad gets on my last nerve, now I understand why she tried to teach me patience.
I think of her when I snuggle up on the couch, cause it's the blanket she bought me.
I think of her when I want to love someone, cause she loved without boundaries without hesitation. She opened herself and was willing to do anything to love and help those around her.
I think of her when I wonder if I am making right decisions.
I think of her always.
I know that she would adore Daniel, I know that she chose him espicially for me.
I know she knew I need to make changes, and Daniel was my gift.
I know that her and God are up there helping to make me a better person.

I love her and miss her to pieces, I am over saddened when I think of Daniel never knowing his Grahams. I wish that they had the chance to know each other. But, I promise with every ounce of me that through me, Daniel will know her. I will speak of her often, and show him the things she showed me.
To love openly
To love honestly
To serve others, expecting nothing in return
That charity is neccessary, and essential
To not judge, you never know where they are coming from
To go above and beyond for those that mean the most
Never give up on your dreams
It takes a village
And most importantly, Family means Everything!
Sharlyn Levy Reynolds
7/20/1947 - 4/3/2008






























No comments:

Post a Comment